REX HomeBuyer provides a new source of down payment funding to creditworthy purchasers. FirstREX will typically provide up to half the down payment you need to buy a home in exchange for a share of the profit or loss when you decide to sell.
FirstREX can help you purchase a home by providing up to 50% of the required down payment. We are not a government program or other form of subsidized assistance. We are a private real estate investment company that invests in homes alongside responsible and creditworthy buyers. Learn more
The cash we provide is not a loan. It is an equity investment in your home. We don’t charge interest, and we don’t receive monthly payments. Except for a transaction fee, you typically don’t pay FirstREX anything until you decide to sell your home, up to 30 years later. We earn a return on our investment by sharing in the price movement of your home - up OR down. Depending on the future value of your home, we can make a profit or incur a loss. Typically when we make a profit, you also make a profit. Learn more
Buy the home that you really want today with financing that meets your needs. REX HomeBuyer can help you:
- Consider a greater range of home prices.
- Retain some cash at closing for remodeling, furnishing or a rainy day.
- Qualify for a loan on the home you want.
REX HomeBuyer can make all the difference in getting the home you really want. Learn more
Is REX HomeBuyer right for me?
- Yes, if you want to buy “just a little more house” or buy in a specific neighborhood.
- Yes, if you can afford the monthly loan payment on the home you want, but you don’t have enough cash for the required down payment.
- Yes, if you want to buy now while interest rates are low and before home prices return to previous levels, but you haven't saved enough for a down payment.
- Yes, if you're not comfortable using all of your savings to purchase.
- Yes, if you want to buy without paying private mortgage insurance (PMI).
- Yes, if you need cash reserves after closing to qualify for the mortgage loan.